This week Odele is giving 500%—truly. For every bottle purchased from December 1 - December 7, we’ll be donating five bottles to charities in need. Your purchases will help fill the shelves of youth shelters, backpacks for survivors of child trafficking, mobile showers for homeless neighbors and more with clean, premium hygiene products. There’s no better time to stock up on your favorites—and spread the word!
Where We're Giving
In November, we asked our community to recommend nonprofit organizations within your own communities that could benefit from Odele product donations. Of course, you came through: We were connected to so many amazing groups around the country doing incredible work. Through this Odele Gives campaign, we will be shipping product to:
- Aurora Commons: Hygiene items for drop-in homeless community center in Seattle (recommended by @jojotastic)
- Love146: Hygiene items for rapid response backpacks given to survivors of child trafficking (recommended by @cindy.lill)
- Be A Blessing Birmingham: Hygiene kits and premium mobile showers for homeless people in Birmingham, AL (recommended by @becca_paul)
- Latin American Youth Center in DC: Hygiene items for youth housing program (recommended by @eskayrap)
- Help USA: Hygiene items for homeless people nationwide (recommended by @catcherinthestyle)
- Montrose Center: Hygiene items for LGBTQIA+ youth in Houston (recommended by @tophcam)
- The Bowery Mission: Hygiene items for homeless folks in NYC (recommended by @jaimemaser)
- Grand Central Neighborhood: Hygiene items for homeless folks in NYC (recommended by @jaimemaser)
About the Odele Gives Program
Back in 2019 when the three of us founders were planning the launch + dreaming up the future of Odele, we knew we wanted to create a giving program that could make an impact from the onset. Sure, we had yet to sell a single bottle of shampoo—but we had a vision!
Under the toughest of circumstances, we began making good on that vision in June 2020 after the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis (our home). We pledged $10,000 and 10,000 bottles of Odele product to organizations committed to fighting racial injustice, as well as those working to rebuild communities most impacted by civil unrest in the Twin Cities and beyond. Through that pledge and input from our community, we’ve donated $10,000 to the NAACP, Color of Change, Urban League Twin Cities and The Loveland Foundation, and are well on our way to meeting that 10,000 bottle commitment.
Half a year later, we’re proud to be able to continue supporting organizations fighting for social + racial justice, women’s empowerment, mental health access and housing for our unhoused neighbors.
We hope you’ll join us. Give directly to these or other organizations that are close to your heart this season, and help us amplify our impact by doing your shampoo shopping now!